Liverpool told £60m bid will be accepted for electrifying Salah replacement
Wolves will demand a fee of between £50-60million to let star man Pedro Neto depart in the summer, sources have told Football Insider.
The forward penned a long-term contract valid until 2027 with Gary O’Neil’s side in March 2022, meaning they have ground to seek a massive fee for one of their star players.
As revealed by Football Insider (11 February), Neto is expected to attract bids in the summer amid strong interest from Arsenal.
It is believed that Liverpool could also enter the race for the Portugal international as they seek a long-term replacement for Mohamed Salah, while clubs from across Europe are also monitoring the 23-year-old.
He suffered a hamstring issue earlier in the season which saw him sidelined for eight Premier League games, but he appears to be back to his electrifying best having delivered a series of dazzling performances since returning in late December.
Could Pedro Neto replace Salah at Liverpool?
Gary O’Neil’s side are under pressure to sell key stars to raise funds for new signings in the upcoming window, with Football Insider revealing (9 February) that Neto could be sold to unlock funds for deals of their own and to alleviate financial concerns.
Football Insider has also been told (10 February) that the Wolves are unlikely to make any summer signings before July as they navigate the Premier League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules.
Neto has scored three goals in all competitions for the West Midlands outfit this season and is currently joint-second in the Premier League for assists with eight.
Wolves sit 10th in the Premier League table despite their 2-0 defeat against Brentford on Saturday afternoon (10 February).
They are next in action against Tottenham away on Saturday afternoon (17 February).